BA/MA in Sociology
The combined Bachelor of Arts/Master of Arts in Sociology is ideal for undergraduate students who would like to continue on to graduate education in sociology on an accelerated timeline. BA/MA students complete nine graduate credits as part of their undergraduate studies, which count toward both degrees.
Students in the BA/MA in Sociology program must earn a B or better in all graduate courses and complete the required graduate thesis.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.40 in GW classes, and 3.50 in the major at the time of application.
- Apply to the graduate portion of the program no later than April 1 of the junior year.
- Complete a Combined Degree Program Application Form.
- Prepare and submit all required materials to the department director of graduate studies (not CCAS Graduate Studies). Note: Combined degree applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Students need not pay the application fee for the MA application.
Students will be informed of acceptance into the program in late spring of their junior year.